While we were on the coast this weekend, I was checking my wordpress from my handy dandy WordPress app, only to discover that my fellow blogger Eat, Drink and DIY had nominated me for a Liebster Award. Now, I had no idea what this was so I did a bit of research. The Liebster Award is not so much an award as a really great way to give new upcoming blogs some special attention and publicity. I had no idea there were blog awards to begin with, so I thought this was so cool. Thanks Eat, Drink and DIY for the nomination, now time to pay it forward!
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back up to their blog. Check!
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Answers to the questions from Eat, Drink and DIY
- What is your favourite blog and why?
I actually don’t have a favorite blog right now. The ten people I nominated for the Liebster are pretty great, but I am mostly just enjoying reading everything I can find. So far, I have not found one specific blog that has really jumped out at me as my absolute favorite.
- What was the inspiration for your blog?
My inspiration for my blog was food! I could talk about food, eating, food shopping, food TV, and really anything food related, until there was no one left to listen. I needed an outlet, and a blog seemed like the best way!
- How do you define success?
I define success as achieving personal satisfaction. If I set my sights on something, and things don’t go quite according to plan, as long as I have achieved a level of satisfaction from what I have done, I consider things to be a success. Does that make sense?
- What is your favourite emergency meal?
I hate to say it, but my favorite emergency meal is going to grab a slice of pizza from the pizza place around the corner from our house. Its just so easy, tasty, and cheap. Emergency meals rarely happen in my house though. We almost always have something in the fridge that can be made into a meal.
- What is the one thing you can’t live without in the kitchen?
Oh man, this is a hard one! I have lived in some pretty iffy kitchen situations, and have made the best out of them. I can eek out a meal with even the most skeleton kitchen. Now that we are fairly well equipped, I’d say I don’t think I could live without is a gas stove. I have had so many electric stove tops, and now that we have a gas range again, I will never go back. The temperature control is so much better!
- What is your favourite thing you’ve done to improve your home?
Unfortunately, we rent a basement apartment, so we cant really do much in the way of improvement. We did get a rolling kitchen island/cart, and installed some stemware racks on the ceiling of our kitchen, so that I have more counter space for food prep and small appliances. That’s really the only thing I can think of. Once we own our own home, the list will be so long it will be near impossible to choose.
- Where do you feel most at home and why?
I feel most at home…. at home? I totally believe that home is where the heart is. As long as I have my kitty and my husband, I could be at home anywhere.
- What is something on your bucket list that you’d be most disappointed if you didn’t accomplish?
I’d have to say that owning a house with a large yard to have a garden in, is something I would be truly disappointed in not achieving. I need that connection to the earth, my food, and my home to really feel complete.
- What’s your favourite cocktail?
I’ve been on a St. Germain kick lately. I’ve been really enjoying a St. Germain French 75. It is Gin, St. Germain, Lemon Juice and Champaign. Its delightful!
- What is the best bargain purchase you’ve made recently?
I just got some shirts at target for $5.50 a piece. 😀 I know that’s kind of a silly answer but it was such a great deal!
My 10 questions for my nominees!
1. I’m sure it says in your “about” page, but remind me and your other readers. Why are you writing your blog?
2. What does your ideal evening look like?
3. I know I’m stealing this one, but what is your favorite cocktail?
4. What is your #1 comfort food?
5. Its summer time, what would you most like to be doing?
6. What was your most memorable vacation or travel experience?
7. If you could make one change towards self-betterment, what would it be?
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
9. Do you get out of bed when your alarm goes off, or are you a hit the snooze kind of person?
10. You’re attending a pot luck dinner, what are you bringing?
This was fun, and actually much more difficult than I thought it would be to choose just 10 people to nominate and come up with the 10 questions.
Thanks again for my nomination!